1. “The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this; decide what you want.” – Ben Stein
If you don’t have clear goals, the outcome of your life will be simple: Since you’re going nowhere, you’ll just end up merely working to survive.
2. “Don’t worry about what other people think, there will always be people who want to see you fail, because they can’t succeed.” – Source Unknown
If you do well in life, people will criticize you for doing better. If you don’t do well, people will criticize you for being a failure and mock you to feel better about themselves. If you stay on the same level as everyone else, you’ll feel the worst outcome of all: your own heart with criticize you for giving up on your dreams.
3. “Think you are weak, think you lack what it takes, think you will lose, think you are second class – think this way and you are doomed to mediocrity.” – David J. Schwartz
Want to know the reason why many people fail? It’s simply because they think they will. Because of their thoughts, they don’t give their best, they give up when things gets difficult, and worst of all they never even try.
4. “Whatever reason you have for not being somebody, there’s somebody who had that same problem and overcame it.” – Barbara Reynolds
There are many, MANY people out there who hate empowerment. They think “oh, but the reality is that it’s too hard and it’s impossible.” That’s one reality. The OTHER reality is that it CAN be done and it IS possible. Whichever reality you choose, you’ll have to take responsibility for it.
5. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” – Muhammad Ali
You can give up, make excuses, and continue with what’s comfortable. Whatever mediocre destiny you end up with, your heart will NEVER let you forget that you COULD have done better.
6. “The future belongs to those who learn what they need to learn in order to do what they need to do.” – Denis Waitley
Whatever you want to achieve in life, you’ll find the way. You just need to LEARN how to do it.
7. “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.” – Tony Robbins
You are not destined to failure, but you are not destined to succeed either. You can do what’s easy and then life will be difficult, or you can choose to do what’s difficult, the things that have better consequences, and earn a better life. You have to decide which one you want because you’ll live with the results of your choices. You’ll spend the same amount of time and effort either way.
8. “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
9. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
10. “Die with memories, not dreams.” – Source Unknown
You weren’t born to just survive and wait for death. You were born with a purpose. Do what you love, aim for your goals, and persevere. Those who keep going despite all odds are the ones who get better and eventually win. Whatever hardship you’re going through right now for the sake of your goals, it’ll all be worth it in the end.