“Thoughts are things” (Napoleon Hill), “what you focus on and think about expands”, and “seek and you will find” (Matthew 7:7). Whatever you think about during your free time determines what you will consistently see AND what you will always get: Opportunities or Failure. Your thoughts, beliefs, and perspectives determine your worldview.
- Some people see an empty field… others see a possible farmland or a shopping mall.
- Some people see a street full of tired commuters… others see a street that needs a restaurant or a cafe.
- Some people see a laptop for games and facebook… others see an online business tool.
- Some people see old and broken houses… others see a renovation and decoration business opportunity.
- Some people see an unemployed person… others see a potential entrepreneur or employee.
- Some people see that they have no time because of their long commutes… others see free time to read business and investing books while on the bus or train.
- Some people see free time to waste and watch TV after work… others see time to study investments.
- Some people see money they can spend on gambling… others see money they can invest for their future.
- Some people see a book on finance, business, or investing that costs $10 and think it’s expensive… others see knowledge that can let them earn $10 million.
- Some people see that they’re poor… others see that they can someday become rich.
- Some people see all their problems and limitations in life… others see all their blessings and opportunities.
Again, your thoughts, beliefs, and perspectives determine the opportunities and problems that you notice or ignore as well as how you act upon them. How do you see the world around you?