*This article contains affiliate links.
If I can bring more opportunities to people, I’ll do it! I recently joined the Uber affiliate program because I can use it to help people earn money on their spare time AND support this blog. As you may or may not have known, Uber is similar to calling a taxi through your mobile. To make their service work, they’ll need drivers/partners to take their clients to their destination. If you’re wondering how you can earn money on your spare time as an Uber partner, then just read this article to learn more.
How to be an Uber Driver in the Philippines
- Email Address and phone number for your Uber Partner Account (Click here to register for free!).
- Car (Needs to be a 2014 or newer model with 4 doors. Read the Vehicle Requirements HERE). If you don’t have a car, you can partner with a vehicle owner.
- Android or IOS Mobile Device (Cellphone) with the Uber Partner App. You need at least 3g mobile internet to login and accept trip requests from passengers.
- Philippine Driver’s License (Professional).
- Valid NBI Clearance.
- Required vehicle documents: Vehicle’s Official Receipt (OR) and Certificate of Registration (CR).
- You can get paid in cash, but for cashless transactions you’ll need a bank account as they pay by wire transfer. My contacts at Uber recommends EastWest Bank as they waive the transaction fees.
These are the main requirements you’ll need before you can join the Uber partnership program. You’ll need an email address to register for an Uber partner account, a good car to take clients to where they need to go, a mobile internet (3g or better) capable phone or device, the basic documents that you’ll need to register for Uber, and a bank account to receive your salary/payment. You’ll need all of these before you can earn money as an Uber partner, and so prepare them all in order to start driving.
To sign up:
- Just register for a partner account here.
- Upload or send the required documents (professional driver’s license, NBI clearance, and the car documents).
- When your application is approved, download the Uber Partner App and start driving to earn money on your free time!
How to use the Uber Partner App to earn money:
- Get in your car and start your mobile device’s internet.
- Open the Uber Partner App and login with your username/email and password. Select the car you’re using.
- Click “Go Online” to accept trip requests.
To learn how to use the app, just watch this video:
If you have any more questions about earning money as an Uber partner, just ask us in the comments section below!
(Update on August 2017: By the way, I’ve learned of a new way to increase your income through AdMov.ph. You basically put their ads on your car and they pay you for it. Go check out their website for more details!)