Minsan bumibisita ako sa mga Pinoy personal finance forums at madalas magtanong ang mga baguhan tungkol sa kung saan nila dapat ilagay ang kanilang pera. Marami ang nagpapayo na maginvest sila sa mutual funds, at kung ang baguhang investor ay may kagustuhang mag-aral, mga stocks/equities ng mga kumpanya. Pag may nagpayo na maginvest sa mga funds, ang madalas na susunod na tanong ay anong fund ang dapat nilang piliin. Doon ko naisipang ilista dito ang mga financial companies na may mutual funds (kasama ETF and UITF).
Heto ang maikli at hindi pa kumpletong listahan ng mutual funds sa Pilipinas. Kung may nakaligtaan ako, pakisabi na lang. Sa kung alin man sa mga funds na ito ang nararapat para sa iyo, ito ay magdedepende sa iyong investment objectives o gustong makamit, kung gaano mo kayang sikmurain ang risk o volatility, edad at kinikita, at marami pang iba.
- High Risk, High Potential Returns: Equity funds o funds na nagiinvest sa stocks. Mainam ito para sa mga mas batang investors na gusto ng pagkakataong kumita ng malaki.
- Medium Risk and Potential Returns: Balanced funds na nagiinvest sa stocks pati na rin sa mga fixed income securities (bonds), cash, money market, atbp.
- Low Risk and Low Potential Returns: Bond o Fixed Income Funds. Ito at ang mga money market funds sa ibaba ay madalas nararapat sa mga mas matatanda na nangangailangan ng stabilidad sa kanilang investment portfolio.
- Lowest Risk, Lowest Potential Returns: Money Market Funds.
Babala: Dapat basahin mo ang objectives o istratehiya ng fund at ang prospectus nito. Ang ilang funds ay mayroong kakaibang investing strategies at ibang detalye na mainam na malaman mo.
I sometimes visit Philippine personal finance forums and beginners usually ask where should they invest their money. Most people would suggest mutual funds, and if the newbie investor is willing to put in the time to study, individual company stocks/equities. After someone suggests investing in funds, the usual question after that is which specific fund should they choose. That is why I decided to compile the financial companies with mutual fund (including ETF and UITF) offerings on this article.
Here’s a short and still incomplete list of mutual funds in the Philippines. If I forgot some, please don’t hesitate to tell me. As for whichever one of these funds are right for you, that will depend on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, age and income, and more.
- High Risk, High Potential Returns: Equity funds or funds that invest mostly in stocks. This is better for younger people who wish to maximize their potential earnings.
- Medium Risk and Potential Returns: Balanced funds that invest in stocks as well as fixed income securities (bonds), cash, money market, etc.
- Low Risk and Low Potential Returns: Bond or Fixed Income Funds. These and the money market funds below are recommended for older people who need more stability in their investment portfolio.
- Lowest Risk, Lowest Potential Returns: Money Market Funds
Note: Remember to read the fund objectives and prospectus. Some funds have unusual investing strategies and other details you might need to be aware of.
Emerging markets present growth opportunities for those who are looking to diversify their portfolio. Investing in these markets won’t be as costly as putting money in stocks that belong to well-developed nations, and investors can capitalize on this fact.
However, despite the growth that these markets offer, they also come with risks that come from business cycles (the long-term trend of upward and downward movements of GDP). Business cycles of emerging markets tend to be more volatile than the ones used by developed markets. By studying and understanding these cycles, investors should be able to increase their chances of becoming successful in investing in emerging markets.
*Contributed by Jessica Watson.
Establishing and managing a business is not an easy task. One has to manage lots of things to run a business. One should also be aware of factors which play a decisive role in success. Financial management is one of the most common, necessary and important factors for a business. This involves lots of risks which can affect business performance and its financial growth. So, one need to manage this carefully as it’s crucial to manage the financial area of the business.
Habang nagbabasa ako sa reddit, may nagmessage sa akin at magtanong tungkol sa pag invest sa mutual funds. Sinubukan kong tumulong at magbigay ng impormasyon (tulad ng nasa dati kong isinulat na articles). Habang nakikipagusap ako sa isang redditor, nagtanong siya tungkol sa kung paano gumagana ang compound interest sa funds at stocks. Sinagot ko na hindi directa ang pagapekto nito dahil ang mga investment ay naaapektohan ng kalidad ng kumpanya at ng paggalaw ng market. Gayunpaman, ang compounding ay mabuting paraan para ipaliwanag kung bakit kailangan mong mag invest ng maaga at mag invest madalas sa mga mabubuting assets kapag pangarap mong kumita ng marami sa pagdaan ng panahon.