If you want to travel abroad, then getting vaccinated can give you a lot of perks and advantages. You have to remember though that while the vaccination card or certificate you got from your city or LGU works all over the Philippines, it is not recognized abroad. If you want a document that is recognized all over the world as proof of vaccination, then you will need something called an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICV), which is what some people think of as a “vaccine passport”.
While it’s not an absolute requirement for some countries, having one will definitely make travel much easier. For example, in some countries it will let you skip quarantine requirements and/or negative testing requirements. Sometimes you can even get discounts. In any case, if you are already vaccinated and you want to travel abroad soon, then it’s definitely a good idea to get one. It’s relatively cheap and easy to get anyway. Here’s how to get an International Certificate of Vaccination in the Philippines.
- Vaccination card/proof of vaccination from your LGU.
- One valid ID (Driver’s License, Postal ID, etc.)
- Passport (with at least 6 months validity.)
- Email address for your ICV.BOQ.PH account.
Main Steps (Short Version):
- Register at icv.boq.ph.
- Add your information at the profile section.
- Upload scans or photos of your valid ID, vaccination card(s), and passport.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Pay online to confirm your appointment.
- Bring your original vaccination cards, ID, and passport to your BOQ appointment and show them to the BOQ personnel.
- Receive your International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICV).